The Tenth International Conference on Remediation and Management of Contaminated Sediments will be held February 11-14, 2019, in New Orleans, Louisiana, at the Hilton New Orleans Riverside.
The Sediments Conference series is a forum for sharing research results, practical experiences, and opportunities associated with investigating, remediating, and restoring the environmental and economic vitality of waterways. Managing these aquatic systems requires complex actions that affect a diverse group of stakeholders and touch a wide range of environmental, economic, political and social issues.
2019 Conference Highlights include
Monday, February 11
- 8 Short Courses on
Plenary Session, “Healing Earth: Searching for an Ecological Design Science and Practice,” with Dr. John Todd (John Todd Ecological Design)
Tuesday, February 12-Thursday, February 14
- More than 540 platform and posters will be presented in 43 technical sessions
- 78 Exhibitors from organizations active in environmental assessment, remediation, and management
- NEW: 12 Learning Lab demonstrations will be featured in the Exhibit Hall that highlight specific technologies, tools, and software
- Multiple daily networking opportunities including, breakfasts, beverage breaks, and two poster receptions
- Closing discussion, “2019 Conference Recap: Takeaways and What’s Next?”
The Ninth Sediments Conference (New Orleans, January 2017) was attended by nearly 1,200 scientists, engineers, regulators, remediation site owners, and other environmental professionals, representing universities, government agencies, consultants, and R&D and service firms from over 20 countries.
The technical scope for the 2019 Sediments Conference will provide updates and additions to topics covered by the 2017 Conference and reflect emerging issues and initiatives in sediments remediation and management.