The Ammonia Safety & Training Institute (ASTI) will host its Las Vegas Chemical Training Day on March 26 , 2019. The cost is free.
This training is provided for public safety, industrial first responders, hazmat technicians as well as emergency planners and regulators focusing on anhydrous ammonia. 7-hour certificates of completion will be given to those who attend the entire event.
Check-In: 8:30am – 9am; Class start time: 9am – 4:30pm
Topics will include:
- Live ammonia demonstrations and simulations
- Assess life safety and set control zones
- Conditions – Actions – Needs (C.A.N.) size up report
- Value and use of chemical protective clothing and equipment
- Challenges of rapid entry rescue
- Emergency shutdown procedures
- Evaluate hazards, risks, and threats
- Working with valves and pressure vessels
- Tarp and cover containment
- Ventilation fan – decontamination and vapor dispersion