SCS National Partner for Brownfields, Dan Johnson, will be one of the panelists at a free webinar on California’s New Vapor Intrusion Guidance.
The webinar will address such questions as how will California’s New Vapor Intrusion Guidance Affect Your Business? and What Are the Risks and How Do You Mitigate or Avoid Those Risks?
In February of this year, CAL EPA, the Water Boards, and DTSC published proposed supplemental guidance for evaluating soil “vapor intrusion” for screening buildings for vapor intrusion and possible health risks. This guidance, if adopted, has the potential to annually impact thousands of real estate projects and transactions in California.
By some estimates, over 50% of properties in urban infill locations, including commercial/ retail, industrial and land being converted to residential and commercial use, may be affected through the application of conservative screening and mitigation standards resulting in increased costs, schedule impacts, sites not being pursued as potential development sites, and the threat of law suits being filed for personal or property damages.
This complimentary webinar will provide an overview of:
- Current practices and guidance in vapor intrusion;
- The changes proposed by the new guidance (including the attenuation factors);
- How the revised guidance, if adopted, could impact you and result in significant changes for Phase II investigations and remediation, including re-opening previously “closed” sites;
- How lenders and insurance carriers will respond to vapor intrusion issues in debt placements;
- The risk of personal injury or harm to property value claims and how to manage those risks; and
- Strategies to respond to vapor intrusion and the proposed guidance
This webinar is intended for
- Real estate lenders, investors and developers
- Real estate and insurance brokers
- Industrial, commercial, and residential property owners/managers and tenants