The EUCI Plant Retirement conference will take place February 12-13, 2019, in Lexington, KY.
The conference is themed, “Lessons Learned on Comprehensive Project Execution” and will feature a Tour of East Kentucky Power Cooperative’s Dale Power Station.
Utility professionals will speak about timely and important topics, including
- Regulations affecting the cleanup of the facilities and sites
- Progress made in Duke Energy’s demolition program
- Panel discussion on the continued challenges facing closure projects
- Decommissioning and demolition process for the EKPC’s Dale Station
- Engaged during a walking tour of EKPC’s Dale Station under demolition
- Consumer Energy’s challenges with closing seven of their facilities
- Lessons learned during a complicated site cleanup
- Successful contracting strategies for closure projects
There will also be a Pre-Conference Workshop on “Renewable Energy Development on De-Commissioned Plant Sites” on Monday, February 11, 2019
… and a Post-Conference Workshop on “Planning and Implementation of Power Plant Retirements” on Wednesday, February 13, 2019.