Join SCS Engineers for our 27th Annual Virginia Landfill & Solid Waste Seminar!
This half-day seminar will provide updates on the latest regulatory, policy, and technological developments in solid waste, landfill, and landfill gas industries. The $100 registration fee includes continental breakfast, seminar materials, lunch, and certificate of completion.
Participants described the seminars as “well organized and beneficial”; with “good coverage of the issues in the industry and real-world examples,” and “thought-provoking presentations.”
To register, download the Flyer and Registration Form.
- Welcome and Introductions by Paul Mandeville, PE
- Liquids Management: What Are Our Options? with Darrin Dillah, Ph.D., PE & Parita Shah
- Virginia Department of Environmental Quality (VDEQ) 2020 Regulatory Update with Kathryn Perszyk, VDEQ
- Best Available Control (BACT) for Landfill Gas Collection Systems: What Does This Look Like in 2020? with Alex Mandeville, EIT & Bob Dick, PE, BCEE
- Efficiency Assessments for Landfill & Other Solid Waste Facility Operations with Daniel Jansen
- Groundwater Sampling: Do You Know What’s Being Done at Your Site? by Jennifer Robb
- How Recycling Programs Have Adapted and Improved in Response to Difficult Market Conditions with Stacey Demers, LEED AP
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
The seminar is intended for solid waste management professionals, landfill managers, waste/recycling managers, supervisors, and operators. For attendees already possessing landfill experience, topics will provide a fresh perspective and cover important regulatory and technological updates. For those new to the field, topics will cover essential information on all aspects of landfill development, operations, monitoring, and management.
Full event attendance provides four (4) CPE/T contact hours toward DPOR requirements for Class I and Class II license renewal, as well as three (3) Continuing Education Units for the SWANA Certification Program.