SCS Professional Betsy Powers will present a session at the University of Wisconsin-Madison’s on-line Short Course on Solid Waste Landfill Design, March 22-24.
Betsy will cover the Landfill Drainage and Runoff Control session.
After attending this course, you will have a firm grasp of the background and design specifics necessary to compete in this industry, including industry-leading information on the principles and practices of solid waste landfill development, design, construction, and management. Understand practical emerging technologies including polymer-based bentonite composites in geosynthetic clay liners, landfill gas containment and management for emission control and regulatory drivers, design of gas-to-energy projects, management of CCR landfills and impoundments, and characterization and management of industrial residuals.
Who Should Attend?
- Civil engineers and landfill designers
- Landfill owners and operators
- Local, county, and state regulatory agency staff and officials
- Public works professionals and municipal engineers
- Geotechnical and geoenvironmental engineers
- Geological engineers, hydrogeologists, and geoscientists
- Facility managers with on-site disposal cells
- Contractors and estimators
- Geosynthetic manufacturers and product representative
Click for more details, pricing, and enrollment