SCS Engineers provides air compliance services for a 30-million gallons-per-year Desmet process biodiesel production facility owned by Seaboard Foods LLC. Engineering services include:
- Compliance analysis to evaluate the requirements associated with the New Source Performance Standards (NSPS) Subparts NNN and RRR.
- Initial performance testing oversight for NSPS Subpart NNN and RRR.
- Analysis of performance testing results and calculations to determine Total Resource Effectiveness (TRE) as a means of compliance with NSPS Subparts NNN and RRR.
- Emissions Inventory Questionnaire (EIQ) for emissions years 2008 and 2009.
- On-going compliance assistance with respect to construction and operating permits and federal regulation applicability and interpretation.
- Guided the follow-up and response to a regulatory inspection report which noted non-compliance issues with NSPS Subparts NNN, RRR and VV.
- Preparation and submittal of air construction permits for modifications and additions to the biodiesel facility.
- State operating permit modifications to incorporate changes at the facility.
- Conducted third-party independent engineering review as required by the Renewable Fuel Standard Regulations to maintain the facility’s registration as a renewable fuel producer.