Mission and Values
Welcome to SCS Engineers, an environmental engineering and consulting practice serving public and private clients across the nation and around the world. Our core capabilities are in solid waste management, energy, and environmental monitoring and compliance.
SCS Engineers specializes in the design, permitting, construction, operation and maintenance, and monitoring of sustainable environmental solutions. Our clients depend on the combination of SCS professional expertise, SCS leadership, and our roster of National Experts who consistently bring value to each solution. The SCS divisions listed below bring specialized industry and technology knowledge supporting a wider range of full-service environmental solutions.
Within our website you will find a variety of resources by SCS services; each service offers information to help you qualify SCS Engineers and SCS’s professionals by scientific and engineering discipline. We give you direct access to our professional staff with whom you may confidentially discuss a particular environmental challenge or goal.
Our vision at SCS Engineers is to be the environmental firm of choice for clients and employees.
Our mission at SCS Engineers, as an employee-owned company, is proactive:
- Adopt our clients’ environmental challenges as our own. We exist to serve our clients’ needs for environmental solutions. We represent our clients’ interests as if they were our own interests, and use our clients’ money as if it were our own.
- Provide an opportunity for all our employees to succeed, and to be rewarded for performance and commitment. We desire to hire and retain employees who take pride in their work, believe in equity ownership, and are committed to the success of both our company and our clients.
- Protect and improve environmental quality, conserve resources, promote sound waste management, and encourage efficient use of energy — all in a sustainable manner. As professionals, we seek to achieve these goals through professional experience and the application of technology.
- Grow our business profitably. We seek to double the value of our enterprise every 10 years.
Our values at SCS Engineers are absolute. SCS Engineers believes in:
- Our employees, and their professional and personal growth.
- Providing superior client service and achieving high client satisfaction.
- Practical, value-added solutions. Technical excellence. A quality work
- Professionalism and integrity. Being honest, fair, and ethical.
- Being entrepreneurial. Rewarding performance.
- Broad employee ownership of SCS.
- Supporting our profession, our industry, and our communities.
SCS component practices, which provide their services independently, have also worked together for decades to implement turn-key solutions. Full service provides added project value for our clients.
SCS’s engineers and consultants are located throughout the United States according to their knowledge of regional and local geography, regulatory policies and industrial or scientific specialty. SCS’s engineers and consultants assess, design, permit and test sustainable environmental solutions for public and private businesses. We work to prevent, mitigate and remediate environmental events, and are recognized for our knowledge of environmental regulatory systems.
SCS professionals have long been active in and leaders of industry and professional associations, through which we organize and participate in workshops and conferences, author and present technical papers, conduct research, and participate in national and state-level legislative and rule-making processes and regulatory policy. Our engineers and consultant work in close coordination with each SCS practice area.
SCS Engineers is a member in good standing with the Better Business Bureau (BBB) and is PICS certified, which means the SCS safety program has been through the PICS review and auditing process and meets or exceeds standards required by PICS participant companies.
SCS Field Services Construction provides turn-key construction services for a variety of environmental systems, including compost facilities, biogas systems, electrical generation facilities, landfill closure, remediation, and facility construction. SCS Field Services Construction is licensed in all 50 states.
SCS Field Services OM&M provides operation, maintenance, and monitoring (OM&M) services for a wide range of solid waste and environmental control facilities, including composting systems, biogas systems and pipelines, leachate treatment facilities and groundwater remediation. SCS Field Services OM&M manages facility operations at hundreds of solid waste facilities throughout the country.
SCS Engineers has one of the longest and successful landfill gas and renewable energy practices in the United States. Our clients attribute our success to the combination of SCS Energy, our operating division specializing in waste gas utilization combined with our ability to design-build-operate and monitor systems. SCS’s waste gas experience includes landfill gas, digester gas, CNG/LNG and coal mine methane.
SCS Tracer provides a comprehensive range of scientific engineers, technologies and laboratory facilities including; mechanical, chemical, meteorology, atmospheric sciences, and tracer sciences. Advanced air monitoring and tracer sciences services provide SCS Engineers clients’ with specialized compliance services to highly regulated industries. SCS Tracer’s history providing OSHA Process Safety Management, EPA Risk Management, and CalARP Programs has made our professionals industry leaders.
SCS Technology Services works closely with our other practices to develop innovative software, applications and support services that make compliance reporting more accurate and timely, enhance productivity and increase field safety while maximizing gas capture. Our tools are versatile and may be adapted and applied for use in different industries.