The Environmental Research & Education Foundation (EREF) will host a Summit on Organics in San Francisco, California, July 17-18, 2019.
SCS Recycling and Composting specialist, Tracie Bills, will speak about “Selecting Composting Technology to Achieve Low Contamination” (Wednesday, 3:30) and other SCS professionals will be in attendance.
EREF’s summit will cover the latest in organics management research and policy. It will bring together practicing engineers, academics, industry professionals, government personnel, and policy makers to discuss topics related to organic waste management. On top of the cutting edge research and facility tour, you can expect numerous networking opportunities with professionals and academics sharing your interest in organics.
The event will feature tours of South San Francisco Scavenger Anaerobic Digestion Facilities and GreenWaste Recovery’s new materials recovery facility.
The agenda is still taking shape, but anticipated presentation topics include:
- Technology (e.g. composting, anaerobic digestion)
- Collection and material separation
- Policy successes and/or lessons learned
- Permitting considerations
- Air and stormwater emissions
- State and local infrastructure development
- Perspectives and needs in California
- End product quality, end markets
- Case studies and pilot projects (e.g. institutional, municipal)
- Emerging topics, cutting-edge research (e.g. PFOAs)