Visit SCS Engineers Booth (#604 at the door) and meet the SCS professionals who are speaking on a variety of topics at this year’s SWANA Wastecon at the Gaylord Opryland Hotel in Nashville. We always look forward to seeing our friends and peers from around the world! Join us in Music City for a week of learning, networking, and fun. This dynamic conference will feature “Sound Ideas” in waste management, speaking to the most pressing issues in our industry today.
This year’s conference topics range from rural issues, to innovation trends and international waste topics, to waste management challenges such as the Chinese waste import restrictions. Attendees can expect to meet thousands of industry colleagues all working towards shaping the future of the solid waste industry.
SCS professionals will present on the following topics:
- Stacey Demers, Division Director – Sustainable Materials Management Technical Division
- Carlo Lebron, Chair – Landfill Gas and Biogas Field Practices Committee Meeting
- David Hostetter – Remote Monitoring and Control Systems and IoT at Landfills (0.5 CEUs) Booth 604
- Patrick Sullivan – Please, Take My Job (1 CEU) Bayou B
- Michelle Leonard – Hub and Spoke Recycling Infographic, Sustainable Solution for Non-Urban Community Recycling Programs
Additional topics covered at the conference will include:
- Best Practices for Reducing Contamination
- Planning and Management Technical Division Meeting
- Collection and Transfer Technical Division Meeting
- Landfill Gas and Biogas Extraction and Control Committee Meeting
- Waste-to-Energy Technical Division Meeting
- Landfill Management Technical Division Meeting
- The Power of Social Media for Talking Trash—Good and Bad
- Solutions for Processing Materials in the Global Circular Economy
- Sample Good Ideas to Create Your Own Circular Economy Policy and Strategy
- Hungering to Understand Food Waste Players and Policies
- Evolving Technology Produces Smart Cities
- Helping Rural Communities with Solid Waste Management
- SWANA and ISRI Materials Recovery Facility (MRF) Summit
- Cities Sing the Plastic Blues for Marine Environments
- The Costs and Benefits of High Capture Food Waste Collection Programs
- Cost Effective Organics Collection and Processing Out in the Country
- New Innovations in Waste and Recycling Processing
- Are Leachate Regulations Flowing both Ways?
- Standardized Metrics for Developing and Measuring Municipal Recycling Goals
- Sustainable Business Parks
- Single Stream vs. Dual Stream Collection
- And much more!
- Additional conference events will include a golf tournament, Welcome Reception, tours and immersion experiences, student design competition, unplugged lounges, women’s sessions, young professionals’ sessions and networking, MentorMatch Mixer, Training & Exams, and Awards Luncheon.