SCS Engineers has provided comprehensive air quality, landfill gas (LFG) and greenhouse gas (GHG) services for Republic’s landfills throughout California. These services have included:
- Preparation of AB 32 mandatory GHG reports for regulated landfills.
- Assistance in compliance with the EPA GHG mandatory reporting rule.
- Evaluation of applicability and compliance status with the upcoming AB 32 landfill methane rule.
- Preparation of annual GHG inventories for California landfills for inclusion in reports to the CCAR.
- Regulatory advocacy on air, GHG and LFG issues with various air districts, CARB and the CIWMB.
- Air permitting and compliance for landfills and landfill equipment.
- Title V, NSPS and NESHAPs (SSM) periodic compliance reports.
- CEQA air, GHG and risk assessment analyses for landfill expansions.
- Surface emissions monitoring and GCCS/well casing monitoring.
- O&M of LFG and leachate systems and blower/flare station.
- Probe design, installation and monitoring.
- Well field expansion design.
- LFG Master Plans, LFG system due diligence assessments and construction management.
- Flare and header design/build.
SCS Engineers has performed some or all of these services for the Otay, Sycamore, Borrego, Imperial and Ramona Landfills in San Diego County.