October 4, 2021
The Iowa Recycling and Solid Waste Management Conference planning committee is diligently working on hosting an in-person conference October 4-6, 2021, at the DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Cedar Rapids Convention Complex. Naturally, we’ll be attending if at all possible. So get your vaccine and plan to head to Cedar Rapids in October.
Check back; more information to come! We are recycling it here 🙂
Posted by Diane Samuels at 12:00 am
September 27, 2018
Meet SCS Engineers professionals at the 2018 Iowa Recycling and Solid Waste Management Conference and Trade Show, October 8-10 at the Mid-America Center in Council Bluffs, Iowa.
Registration for this event is open. We hope to visit with you at SCS’s booth 104. Earn CEUs at these conference sessions.
- Wellfield Data Management at a Glance (.5 CEUs) with Ken Brynda; Room F at 1:50 pm.
- Rising to the Challenge: How Dane County Leads C&D Recycling in Wisconsin (1 CEU) with Betsy Powers and Wendy Larson. Rooms K&L at 4:00.
- Enhancing Recycling Through Market Development and Product Stewardship (.75 CEUs) with Michelle Leonard and John Foster. Rooms A&B at 8:30.
- Organics Boot Camp (3 CEUs) includes multiple sessions:
- Waste Characterization Study Benefits Community Programming with Jane Wilch.
- Food Waste Minimization for Iowa Schools: K-12 with John Bruce.
- Composting Operations from an Operator’s Viewpoint with William Conrad.
- Organics Processing Facilities – Making More Sense than Ever with Leslie Lukacs.
- Modeling the Impacts of Organic Waste Diversion on LFG Recovery from Landfills with Eric Sonsthagen.
Posted by Diane Samuels at 11:07 am