SCS Engineers performed air permitting and compliance services for a 2,000 tons per day soybean processing facility with an integrated 30 million gallons per year biodiesel production facility owned by Prairie Pride, Inc.
Our engineering services included:
- Developing and submitting an Air Modeling Protocol to conduct air dispersion modeling.
- Completing the New Source Review Permit application, including evaluation of control devices necessary to maintain emissions below Prevention of Significant Deterioration (PSD) thresholds calculation of potential emissions, determination of applicable New Source Performance Standards (NSPS), Maximum Achievable Control Technologies (MACT), and State Implementation Plan (SIP) requirements, and development of compliance plans for all applicable requirements.
- Completing full impact air quality analysis utilizing AERMOD software.
- Verifying compliance with both National Ambient Air Quality Standards (NAAQS) and PSD increment standards for PM10 emissions.
- Completing dispersion modeling utilizing AERMOD software to demonstrate compliance with published Risk Assessment Levels (RALs) for emissions of Hazardous Air Pollutants (HAPs).
- Subsequently revising the air permit application and modeling analyses to address design changes.
- Performing a compliance analysis for the facility to evaluate the requirements associated with the National Emission Standards for Hazardous Air Pollutant (NESHAP) for the Miscellaneous Organic Chemical Manufacturing Industry (~Miscellaneous Organic NESHAP (MON).
- Developing and submitting the Title V Operating Permit Application.
- Preparing facility Startup, Shutdown and Malfunction plans as required by NESHAP.
- Assisting with compliance with leak detection and repair (LDAR) requirements applicable to the facility, including identification of applicable components and monitoring frequency requirements.